07/05/2020, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Welcome to the OCFMA Discussion Board – Let’s Share!
OCFMA, Ontario Colleges Facilities Management Association, has listed collaboration as one of four areas of focus in its mission. “We exchange knowledge and experience freely and with confidence to better others and ourselves.”
The OCFMA Technology and Collaboration Subcommittee is hosting a webinar to explore the Discussion Board features at ocfma.ca.
- When: Thursday, May 7, 2020 from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Where: Zoom virtual meeting (Details will be provide upon registration)
Please sign up and encourage your peers to sign up as well.
We Want to Build a Bigger and Stronger OCFMA Community
The COVID-19 disruption has moved a lot of dialog on-line. The value of sharing timely information efficiently and effectively is becoming even more apparent.
To help grow an engaged OCFMA community, an easy-to-use member’s only on-line discussion board has been created at ocfma.ca. To be effective, we need:
- More members to sign up.
- Membership is open to employees working in facilities at Ontario Colleges. Please share this invitation with interested colleagues.
- More members to post questions and share their knowledge and experience.
Before the Webinar:
- Explore this site, ocfma.ca and see what it has to offer.
- If you have not already done so, sign up for membership on the website.
- This will give you access to the Discussion Board located under the “Collaborate” menu and will allow you to participate in hands-on exercise during the webinar.
- Visit the “How to Use the Discussion Board” forum for some introductory guidance.
More About OCFMA and Our Website
The OCFMA website is intended as the primary collaboration hub for OCFMA. It has information about OCFMA, links to collaboration channels for OCFMA members, postings of upcoming and past events and ways to get more involved with OCFMA.
Currently, OCFMA members use three primary online channels to collaborate:
- OCFMA Discussion Board – This is intended to be the dialog space for the broader OCFMA community. It is open to the widest audience of members and is a permanent repository of information. Discussion threads are stored and can be searched at any time.
- The Colleges Ontario BoardEffect Portal – This is a secure workroom space on the Colleges Ontario’s BoardEffect portal called “OCFMA – Ontario College Facilities Management Association”. It Is a private repository open only to approved OCFMA members and used to share key OCFMA reports and documents. This platform is not effective for community dialog.
- The OCFMA Directors’ listserv – This is an email listserv limited to senior administrators responsible for facilities at the 24 Ontario Colleges. Intended for more confidential exchanges, this listserv is often used to post general questions that would be of value to the broader OCFMA community. These valuable exchanges through the listserv are not searchable and are quickly lost.
Register for this Event
Registrations are now closed for this event.