Sheridan Conference Centre
1400 Trafalgar Road
Oakville Event Dates
23/11/2023, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The OCFMA Asset Subcommittee is pleased to partner with Roth IAMS to offer a 1-Day SLAM Training workshop on November 23rd, 2023.
There will be 2 concurrent sessions for new and experienced users.
Cost: $100 per participant and includes lunch and parking. (each Institution will be invoiced by OCFMA accordingly).
Register Below! Cut-off: Nov. 20, 2023, 12noon.
10am – 12pm Part One
12pm – 1pm Lunch (provided)
1pm – 3pm Part Two
Note: Sessions will run concurrently.
Session 1 – Basic
SLAM CAP 101 – Basic Software Functionality
This session is intended from those users that will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the data within SLAM CAP and will present the basic user training required to do the following:
- Review Facility Condition Assessments
- Editing existing data within SLAM CAP
- Creating KPIs and KPI Dashboards
- Running Reports within SLAM CAP
- Building Plans in SLAM CAP
- Reconciling Completed Capital Projects
- Updating Configuration Settings / Managing Users and User Profiles (for those users that have that permission)
Session 2 – Advanced
SLAM CAP 201 – Telling Your Asset Management Story
This session is designed for Senior Leaders within each College and will focus on higher level data visualization, reporting and prioritization. The session will focus on utilizing SLAM CAP, but also expand beyond just the software to also include ideas and concepts to be considered that exist outside of SLAM CAP. Topics covered will include:
- Telling Your Asset Management Story
- Visualization and Funding Scenarios
- Reporting and Data Extraction
- Multivariable Prioritization
- Building Your Capital Plans
- Importance of Keeping Your Data Up-to-Date
Parking – Conference Centre Parking (Lot 8)
- Enter Sheridan College’s Trafalgar Campus at Ceremonial Drive, which is the south entrance. Take the second (south) exit out of the roundabout and follow signs for Conference Hall, Residence 1 (R-1) and Residence 2 (R-2). Take a right at the 3-way stop beside R-1 (red/orange brick residence building). Conference Centre parking (Lot 8) is 100 metres ahead on the left-hand side, north entrance to the Conference Centre is under the white awning directly beside our large patio.
- Parking Code: #013885
- Link to Parking Map
Register for this Event
Registrations are now closed for this event.